Cooking Time: N/A Servings: 2
Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 ripe fresh figs
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Olive Scene Traditional Balsamic Vinegar*
*can also use dark chocolate, espresso, or fig
- Put the oven rack in the top slot and preheat your oven broiler on high for 5 minutes.
- Cut the ripe figs in half lengthwise.
- Lay them skin-side down on a broiler pan.
- Sprinkle sugar on the cut surface of each fig, completely covering with a thin layer.
- Broil the figs for 3-5 minutes, keeping an eye on them so the sugar doesn't burn, but turns into a melted brown syrup which will rapidly turn to glass when you remove the pan from the oven.
- Transfer the figs carefully to serving plates, and drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar.
*Note: with care, a blow torch may be used instead of the broiler.