Cooking Time: 20-25 Min Servings: 9
- 1/2 cup The Olive Scene Mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened high quality cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 9 oz. best quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene Tangerine Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 in. long strip of tangerine zest
- a pinch of kosher salt - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x9 in. baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the olive oil, sugar, and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; gradually stir into the egg mixture until well blended.
- Stir in walnuts, if desired.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the brownie begins to pull away from edges of pan.
- Let cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
* Substitute Expresso, Black Cherry, or Violet Balsamic Vinegars for the Tangerine for other great flavors. Espresso Balsamic Brownies