Cooking Time: 25 Min Servings: 6
Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups walnut pieces, toasted
- 3/4 cup Bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup minus 1 tablespoon Olive Scene Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Coarsely chop walnuts.
- Break chocolate into pieces & melt in double broiler.
- Add orange olive oil and stir to blend. Remove from heat, set aside.
- In another bowl combine eggs, almonds, sugar.
- Blend into melted chocolate.
- In another bowl combine baking soda & flour. Sift into chocolate mix.
- Stir to blend, add walnuts and stir again.
- Pour batter into pan
- Bake 20-25 min.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Unmold onto cooling rack and cool completely.
- Cut into squares.
- Best eaten cold.