Cooking Time: 25-30 Min Servings: 6
White Truffle Oil
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut in to florets
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Olive Scene Extra Virgin White Truffle Oil
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup hot milk
- 1 cup hot half & half
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Gruyere, divided
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the florets with salt and steam for 8 minutes until slightly tender but still firm.
- In a heavy sauce pan over medium heat melt the 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Gradually whisk the flour in to the melted butter until no dry spots remain.
- Pour the hot milk and hot half and half in in to the butter-flour mixture, whisking constantly until it comes to a boil.
- Continue whisking constantly for 1 minute until thickened and then remove from heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt, fresh ground pepper to taste, 1 teaspoon of white truffle oil and ½ cup of the Gruyere, and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Butter a 2-3 quart shallow baking dish or casserole.
- Place the drained cauliflower in to the baking dish and pour the sauce evenly over the cauliflower.
- Combine the remaining tablespoon of butter with the remaining teaspoon of white truffle oil.
- Toss the butter and truffle oil with the bread crumbs and remaining ½ cup of Gruyere and sprinkle on top of the casserole.
- Sprinkle with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden the bread crumbs are golden brown and the casserole is bubbling.