Cooking Time: 25-30 Min Servings: 6
Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons The Olive Scene Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt and ground white pepper
- 2 medium onions (diced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon The Olive Scene Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Peel squash and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out seeds; discard.
- Cut squash into 1 ½ inch chunks.
- Coat squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake about 30 minutes or until well caramelized.
- Coat the onions with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt, pepper.
- Place the onions on the baking sheet with the squash after the squash has roasted for 10 minutes.
- Make sure the onions are spread evenly on the baking sheet to allow for caramelizing.
- Bake for the remaining 20 minutes or so.
- Toss with the thyme and sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar just before serving.
* This recipe is also delicious with Cranberry Pear White Balsamic Vinegar