Cooking Time: 14-16 Min Servings: 4-6
- 2 lbs baby artichokes
- ¼ cup Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare your artichokes by cleaning them first.
- Do this by trimming the stem and pulling off the outer leaves.
- Leave the lighter green leaves.
- Place the outer leaves in a cold water lemon bath, which is simply made of 1 part lemon and 3 parts water.
- Let them sit for a while and then take them out of the lemon bath.
- Next, cut the larger artichokes in half, leaving the really smaller ones whole.
- Place all the artichokes in a pot of water and cover.
- Simmer the artichokes for about seven or eight minutes until they soften and are just tender.
- Take them off the flame and drain them well.
- Once they have cooled, toss them in olive oil and arrange them in one layer in a baking dish.
- Bake them for about seven or eight minutes in a 450 degree oven.
- Once cooked, take them out and sprinkle the dish with some salt and pepper to taste.
- Your roasted artichokes are now ready to be served and enjoyed!