Cooking Time: 45 mins Servings: 1
- 2 small to medium yellow summer squash per person
- ½ small onion per person
- Olive Scene Mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Lightly drizzle a baking sheet with Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Trim the ends of the squash, cut off the slender necks, and slice the necks in half, lengthwise.
- Then slice each squash into lengthwise slices, about ¼ to ½ inch thick.
- Lay the slices on the cooking sheet in a single layer.
- Trim the ends of the onion and peel it.
- Cut it in half down through the top and place each half cut-side down on a cutting board.
- Slice into thin wedges.
- Separate the layers of the onions and sprinkle them over the squash.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until bottoms of squash begin to brown.
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt, turn each slice over, and bake until bottoms of squash are browned, about 15 minutes more.
- Serve immediately, hot out of the oven.