Cooking Time: 20 Min Servings: 24
Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 small zucchini
- salt and pepper
- Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Olive Scene Traditional Balsamic Vinegar*
For the ricotta filling:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, approximate
- splash of lemon juice
- basil leaves, about a handful
- slivered almonds, about a handful
- Cut off the stem end of the zucchini.
- Using a mandolin or a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini lengthwise into 24 paper-thin strips.
- Season with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Leave to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- The zucchini strips will be more translucent and pliable after resting.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the lemon juice.
- Season with salt and mix vigorously until thoroughly incorporated.
- Chiffonade the basil leaves.
- Add the basil and almonds to the ricotta mixture and mix until evenly distributed.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the ricotta filling on the cut end of the zucchini strips.
- Roll the zucchini strip over the filling and plate.