Cooking Time: 60 min Servings: 6-8
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Roman or Cannellini beans, undrained
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups spinach - packed, rinsed and torn
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Olive Scene Black Currant Balsamic Vinegar
- In a stockpot or Dutch oven, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add sausage and brown.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes and carrots, and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans with liquid. Cover, and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Add zucchini and simmer 5-10 min until tender but not mushy.
- Remove from heat, and add spinach.
- Replace lid allowing the heat from the soup to cook the spinach leaves.
- After 5 minutes, stir in balsamic vinegar
- Soup is ready to serve