Cooking Time: 25-28 min Servings: 4
Tuscan Herb Infused Olive Oil
2 lbs of cauliflower, broken into florets
3 tablespoons Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
fresh ground pepper
6 oz fresh goat cheese
1 garlic clove, shoot removed and cut in half
5 tablespoons lowfat milk
¼ cup dried breadcrumbs
- Get a 2 quart gratin dish and oil it up while pre-heating oven to 450 degrees.
- Bring water to boil and place cauliflower in steaming basket about one inch above the waterline.
- Place cover over basket and allow to steam for one minute.
- After one minute, allow steam to escape for 15 seconds by lifting the lid.
- Replace cover and stead for an additional 6-8 minutes, cauliflower will be tender.
- Remove from steaming dish and run under cold water, pat dry with paper towels, and then place in gratin dish.
- Add an ample amount of salt and pepper and then toss with Tuscan Herb Olive Oil.
- Evenly spread in dish. In a mortar, place garlic and 1/4teaspoon of salt, use pestle to mash into paste.
- Move over to food processor and combine with goat cheese and milk and blend until smooth.
- Add pepper to taste.
- When complete, spread mixture evenly across the top of the cauliflower.
- When you are ready to place gratin in the over, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and then drizzle the remainder of the olive oil on top.
- Place in over and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- You should see a light brown color and dish should be sizzling.
- Serve immediately.
- Yield: Serves 4