Cooking Time: 20-30 Servings: 4-6
This is one of our favorite weeknight side dishes at The Olive Scene! Watch Anne present a Facebook Live demonstration of this delicious recipe:
Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/8” thick coins, or chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 1 onion, quartered then cut into ½” slices, or into large pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive Scene bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss to coat evenly, separating the potato slices as needed.
- Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper, for easy clean up.
- Transfer vegetables to the baking sheet, and spread in a single layer.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until onions begin to crisp and brown, and sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Optional: for extra color and crispness, you can put the pan under your broiler for a few minutes.
This recipe is so versatile! You can use your favorite spice blend, seasoned salt, or chili paste/flakes.
Used a fused or infused olive oil for a change in flavor: Chipotle or Harissa Olive Oil for spiciness; Gremolata or Rosemary for herbed flavor; Blood Orange or Persian Lime Olive Oils for a hint of citrus.
Drizzle a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar on the vegetables after cooking: Cinnamon Pear, Vermont Maple, and Vanilla Balsamic Vinegars are favorites.
Add grated Parmesan or feta cheese, toasted nuts, or fresh herbs before serving.