Cooking Time: 15-20 Min Servings: 6
- 6 lb Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup Olive Scene medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1 cup half & half
- Sea salt & fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Dice potatoes, making sure all are relatively the same size.
- Place potatoes in a pot and add water enough to cover by half an inch. Add 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce but maintain a boil.
- Cook until potatoes are tender when poked with a fork.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the potato water.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add the half & half and heat until simmering.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mash the potatoes, adding the garlic-cream-oil mixture.
- Mash and stir to combine then whip, adding potato water as necessary.
- Let stand for 5 minutes so that mixture thickens and then serve.
- You can whip the potatoes with a hand mixer or in a Kitchenaid to make them creamier.
- Season with salt and pepper.