Cooking Time: 30-35 Min Servings: 4
Persian Lime Infused Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- ½ teapoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cans black beans, one drained
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups water
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 1½ cups long grain rice
Balsamic Avocado Salsa:
- 4 good size, firm tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons Olive Scene Persian Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1- 2 teaspoons Olive Scene Mango Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a medium pot.
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and crushed red pepper and let cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until the onion and peppers have softened.
- Add black beans, cumin, garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- Let simmer on medium low for 25-30 minutes until beans are soft and heated through.
- Add ¼ cup water if becoming too dry.
- In a medium saucepan, heat cumin and cinnamon, stirring over low heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the oil, and rice and heat until the rice is translucent.
- Add the water and bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a bare simmer.
- Cook, covered, without stirring until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, without stirring, for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Combine chopped salsa vegetables.
- Cover in a drizzle of Persian Lime Olive Oil and drench in Mango Balsamic Vinegar.
- Stir well and let marinate for a few minutes before serving.
- Put beans on rice and top with Avocado Salsa.
- Add additional balsamic vinegar to taste if you’d like.
* Optional, add left over, cooked, chopped, pork or chicken to beans half way through cooking