Cooking Time: 10m Servings: 10
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup Olive Scene Vermont Maple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Olive Scene medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 6 cups organic baby spinach
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 cups croutons
- Place the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper into a blender and pulse to combine.
- With the blender running, add the olive oil in a steady stream until the dressing is mixed well.
- Taste the dressing, adjust seasonings, and and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the baby spinach and a few tablespoons of the dressing, tossing well.
- Plate the spinach and top with the strawberries, Gorgonzola cheese, avocado, red onions, pecans and croutons.
- Serve extra dressing on the side.
- Any leftover dressing can be stored in the refrigerator and used within three or four days.