Cooking Time: 10-15 Min Servings: 6
Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 lb corkscrew pasta
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup Olive Scene Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive Scene medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea Salt
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- ½ lb crumbled feta cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain and rinse.
- Set aside.
- In large deep frying or sauté pan, bring 1” of salted water to a boil, add the asparagus, cover, and blanch until bright green and slightly tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon or a spider and shock in icy cold water.
- Remove from the water and dry well.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus and cut into bite-size pieces on the bias.
- Whisk together the mustard, garlic, vinegar and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Combine the reserved asparagus and pasta in a large serving bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, dill, peas, feta, and the mustard dressing.
- Toss with tongs to coat the salad well.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper, if needed.