Cooking Time: 10 Min Servings: 6
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cups Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (about 4 oz.) finely grated, fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 heads butter lettuce, outer leaves removed, inner leaves washed and separated
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a food processor, pulse yolk, mustard, and lemon juice to combine.
- With motor running, add oil to yolk mixture in a slow, steady stream.
- Process until oil is incorporated and dressing has emulsified.
- Transfer dressing to a bowl and stir in pepper and 1 cup parmesan.
- If dressing is too thick to drizzle, stir in up to 2 tablespoons warm water.
- Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the salad, or up to 1 day.
Make the tuiles:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or a piece of cooking parchment, divide remaining 1 cup parmesan into 6 piles (about 2 ½ tablespoons per pile, spaced about 2 in. apart).
- Using your finger, gently pat each pile into a circle with an even thickness and a diameter of about 4 in.
- Bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes. (Watch carefully, as cheese can burn easily.)
- Remove sheet from oven and let stand 1 minute, then transfer tuiles to a cooling rack or an airtight container (they'll keep for 1 day).
- Divide lettuce leaves among 6 chilled salad plates.
- Drizzle each with a generous amount of dressing.
- Sprinkle with almonds and top each salad with a tuile.
- Serve immediately.