This healthy salad sounds fancy, but it comes together in 15-20 minutes for the perfect weeknight meal or easy lunch.
The combination of bacon and chipotle gives this recipe a naturally smoky flavor that we can't get enough of! Add bright lime juice, sweet scallops, and rich avocados and this is the perfect summer dish.
Cooking Time: 15-20 min Servings: 2
For the salad:
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into matchsticks
- 6-8 sea scallops (thawed, if purchased frozen)
- 3 cups of your favorite mixed greens
- 1 avocado, sliced
For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup The Olive Scene Chipotle Olive Oil
- Pinch of salt, or smoked sea salt
- Crack of fresh pepper
- Crisp the bacon over medium heat in a frying pan. Remove bacon but leave the fat in the pan. Increase the heat to medium-high.
- Pat the scallops as dry as possible with paper towels. Season scallops with salt and pepper on both sides. Sear over medium-high heat in the bacon fat until just cooked through and lightly browned, about 1 ½ - 3 minutes per side. Don’t overcook them, or they will become tough!
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking the Chipotle Olive Oil slowly into the lime juice. Add salt and pepper and adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Toss the greens with about half of the vinaigrette, adding more if you prefer more dressing. Divide the greens between 2 plates.
- Divide the bacon, avocado and scallops on top of the greens, topping with a drizzle of reserved vinaigrette. Crack some fresh pepper on top, and enjoy!