Cooking Time: 1 - 1 1/2 hrs Servings: 4-6
Sherry Reserva Wine Vinegar
- 1 broiler chicken (3-4 lbs.)
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons Olive Scene medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ c Olive Scene Sherry Reserva Wine Vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut chicken into serving pieces; wash and dry thoroughly.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat butter in skillet; add garlic and 4 Tbsp of oil.
- Brown chicken on both sides about 10 minutes.
- Lower flame; cover; continue cooking for 25 minutes.
- Sauté sliced onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil in separate saucepan for 5 minutes.
- Add cleaned, sliced mushrooms and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Simmer 15 minutes; add to chicken.
- Simmer chicken and mushrooms. 15 minutes longer.
- Pour in ½ cup sherry; boil up quickly for 1 minute.
- Serve very hot.