Cooking Time: 10 Min Servings: 6
Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- 5 1/2 c (or more) canned low-salt chicken broth (or Turkey Stock)
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tablespoons Olive Scene Butter Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp chopped fresh sage
- 1/3 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c Olive Scene Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar*
*can also use dark chocolate, Espresso, or Fig
- Combine turkey neck and giblets, 5 1/2 c broth, quartered onion and bay leaf in saucepan.
- Simmer until reduced to 3 c liquid, skimming occasionally, about 1 hour.
- Add Butter oil to large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sliced onions; sauté 10 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon rosemary and 1 tablespoon sage and sauté until onions are golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add flour; stir 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in turkey stock.
- Boil until gravy thickens, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon each rosemary and sage.
- Pour juices from roasting pan into large glass measuring cup; spoon off fat.
- Add juices to gravy.
- Add vinegar to roasting pan.
- Bring vinegar to simmer over medium heat, scraping up browned bits.
- Pour mixture into heavy small saucepan.
- Boil until reduced to 1/4 c, about 3 minutes; add to gravy.
- Re warm gravy; thin with more chicken broth, if desired. Season with salt and pepper.