Cooking Time: 45 Min Servings: 2
- Oregano Balsamic Vinegar
- Persian Lime Infused Olive Oil
- 1 (5 lb) whole chicken, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 1 anchovy
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene Oregano Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons hot Chile paste
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- Score the skin side of each piece of chicken 2 to 3 times, about 1/8 inch deep.
- Sauté anchovy and garlic in olive oil until soft, smashing anchovy into paste as it cooks.
- Whisk together rest of marinade, adding cooled anchovies/garlic mixture in a bowl.
- Pour into a re-sealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken, coat evenly with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken halves from the bag and transfer to a plate or baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- Pat chicken pieces dry with more paper towels.
- Reserve marinade mixture in a small bowl.
- Grill chicken, skin-side down, on the preheated grill for 2 minutes.
- Turn each piece, brush with reserved marinade mixture, and move to indirect heat.
- Grill, brushing with glaze and turning ever 10-15 minutes, until well browned and meat is no longer pink in the center, about 45 minutes total.
- An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 180 degrees F.