Cooking Time: 30 min Servings: 6-8
- Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- Basil Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp of your favorite Olive Scene Olive Oil (we love Basil or any Single Varietal with this recipe)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Scene 18yr Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Kalamata Olive Tapenade (available at The Olive Scene)
- ¼ red onion, sliced 1/8” thin
- 4 ounces zucchini, sliced 1/8” thin
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced ¼” thick, end removed
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced ¼” thick
- 2 Tbsp fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 large basil leaves, cut into a chiffonade (optional)
- Print this recipe
- Heat oil and add garlic, and sauté until garlic is soft.
- Allow to cool.
- Add pepper and vinegar to cooled oil.
- In a container with a top, place the zucchini and onions pour the dressing over it.
- Marinade for 30 minutes.
- Remove zucchini and onions and place on a plate.
- Reserve the marinade.
- Add the tapenade to the marinade add the tapenade and mix.
To serve, layer accordingly:
1. Largest of the tomato slices on the bottom
2. Drizzle with a touch of dressing
3. Avocado slice
4. Next largest slice of tomato
5. Drizzle with a touch of dressing
6. Next largest tomato slice
7. Several zucchini slices
8. Next largest tomato
9. Several onion slices
10. Finish with the smallest of the tomato slices
11. Garnish with cheese. (The cheese can also go in between each layer if desired)
12. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the stacks
13. Sprinkle with fresh basil for a beautiful presentation