Cooking Time: 10 Min Servings: 12
Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 12 Triscuit Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil crackers
- 4 tablespoon softened cream cheese
- 6 ripe, sweet strawberries, halved
- 4 teaspoons Olive Scene Strawberry or Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- Wash the strawberries, remove the tops and cut them in half.
- Spread a teaspoon of cream cheese on each of the crackers.
- Top with a strawberry half.
- Place the assembled appetizers on a serving dish and add a drop or two of balsamic vinegar to the top of each strawberry.
- Serve immediately.
Use sweet, ripe strawberries. The contrast in flavors between the sweetness of the strawberries with the balsamic vinegar and black pepper is what makes this appetizer so interesting. (If you can't find the Triscuits, mix a little olive oil and lots of cracked black pepper into the cream cheese and use a neutral flavored cracker.)