Cooking Time: 8-10 min Servings: 4-6
Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon single malt whiskey
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene 18 yr Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 c Olive Scene bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- pinch salt
- Baby spinach and butter lettuce mix
- Roasted beets, julienned
- small log mild chevre cut into 1 inch slices
- ½ c ground almonds
- 1 orange peeled and sliced into rounds, cut in half, using 4 halves per serving
- fresh mint, chopped
- Whisk olive oil, salt, honey, thyme, orange juice and whisky well.
- Slowly whisk in vinegar until well-blended.
- This dressing is best when prepared an hour in advance and served room temp.
- On a plate, make a base of spinach/lettuce.
- Press cheese rounds into almonds til coated and set aside.
- Top salad with beets, then orange slices and almond/chevre rounds.
- Sprinkle with mint.
- Add dressing to taste.