Cooking Time: 75-80 min Servings: 6-8
- Olive Scene Serrano Honey Vinegar
- Milanese Gremolata Infused Olive Oil
- ¼ c Olive Scene Serrano Honey Vinegar
- ½ c Olive Scene Gremolata Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion minced
- 5 pounds whole leg of lamb
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, rosemary, ground black pepper, garlic and onion.
- Mix well and apply to the lamb.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Add ½ c water to rest of marinade and pour in enough in bottom of pan to cover, but do not let it touch meat.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 400 and roast for 55 to 60 more minutes for medium rare.
- Do not let pan go dry, add more marinade as necessary, or water if you run out of marinade.
- Roast to at least 145 F when taken with a meat thermometer.
- Let the roast rest for about 10 minutes before carving.
Optional: Strain juices from bottom of the pan into a small saucepan to remove onion and garlic bits, and reduce slightly. Serve in a bowl on side of lamb.
Serve with Irish Potatoes.
1 tsp coarse sea salt