Cooking Time: 15-20 Min Servings: 2-3
- 2 anchovies, finely minced
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and run through a garlic press
- 1 coddled egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ c Olive Scene medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, quartered the long way, gently washed and dried
- ½ c grated Parmesan cheese
- Light the grill.
- Coddle the egg: bring water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Carefully lower the egg into the water and cook 1 minute.
- Run under cold water to stop it from cooking.
- Mash the garlic and anchovies together to make a paste.
- Add the egg and mustard and whisk well.
- Still whisking, slowly add the olive oil in a thin stream.
- The dressing should start to emulsify.
- Continue whisking and adding the olive oil until it has reached a fairly thick consistency.
- Beat in the lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper.
- With a pastry brush, brush the romaine quarters on the cut side with the dressing.
- Quickly grill the lettuce on the front (cut side) and both sides about 15-20 seconds until the leaves starts to char.
- Brush the front with more dressing, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and grill for about 30 seconds on the back (leafy side), until the cheese has started to melt.
- Serve with Grilled Garlic Baguettes.