Cooking Time: 75 Servings: 15-20
- 2 large eggs
- ½ c Olive Scene bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 lb chicken livers, trimmed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Matzo, for serving
- In a small saucepan, cover the eggs with cold water and bring to a boil; cook over moderate heat for 10 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and immediately fill the pan with cold water.
- Add ice and let the eggs stand until chilled.
- Drain the eggs, peel and coarsely chop.
- In a very large skillet, heat 1/4 c olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and just starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Season the livers with salt and pepper and add them to the skillet.
- Cook over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until barely pink inside, about 8 minutes.
- Scrape the mixture into the bowl of a food processor and let cool slightly.
- Add the chopped eggs and pulse until the livers are finely chopped but not completely smooth.
- Add the parsley and the remaining ¼ c of olive oil and pulse to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the chicken liver to a bowl.
- Press plastic wrap onto the surface and refrigerate until chilled, about 45 minutes.
- Serve with the matzo.