Cooking Time: 20-30 Min Servings: 6-8
French Walnut Oil
- 1 ¼c walnuts
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene Roasted Walnut Oil
- 3-4 tablespoons cold water
- 2/3 c butter
- ½ c brown sugar
- ½ c butterscotch chips
- ½ c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread walnuts in a pie pan and bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Let cool.
- Combine ¼ c of the walnuts, flour, sugar and salt in a food processor; process until the walnuts are finely chopped.
- Add butter and process until incorporated.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Drizzle oil over the flour mixture.
- Use your fingertips to rub the oil into the mixture.
- One tablespoon at a time, add water and mix with a fork until dough is crumbly and holds together when pressed.
- Press into the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch pie, or press into a disk and roll out between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Chop remaining roasted walnuts and sprinkle over crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine butter and sugar in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, constantly stirring, until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Boil until candy mixture reaches 240 degrees F.
- Immediately pour over crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until entire caramel layer is bubbly.
- Immediately sprinkle with butterscotch and chocolate chips and allow to melt, swirling to make a pattern.
*Make Ahead Tip: The dough will keep, tightly wrapped in plastic wrap, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Return dough
to room temperature before rolling. Wide sheets of parchment paper make rolling out dough even easier.