Cooking Time: 2 Hr Servings: 4-6
- Champagne Wine Vinegar
- Hojiblanca - Spain
- 4 ½ lb pork shoulder
- 3 tablespoons Olive Scene Champagne Wine Vinegar
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 sprigs marjoram
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 3 c milk
- 1 c cream
- Sprinkle Champagne vinegar over the pork & leave overnight.
- Pat dry & season with salt and paper. In a saucepan, heat milk and cream to a simmer.
- In a heavy casserole dish brown pork on all sides in the hot butter & oil.
- Make sure you take time with this stage as the browning of the meat will give the sauce it's color.
- Take pork out & add garlic until it's golden.
- Drain excess fat & add marjoram & rosemary until they give off their wonderful aroma.
- Add the pork back into the pan with the hot milk/cream then place the lid askew on top & simmer for 1 & a half to 2 hours.
- Turn the meat halfway through cooking.
- The meat should be melt in your mouth tender & the sauce reduced & a lovely brown color.
- Let it rest for 20 or so, then serve with a green vegetable like spinach, or broccoli.