Cooking Time: 25-30 Min Servings: 16
- Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ c mayonnaise
- 3 green onions (green and white parts), finely chopped
- ½ c finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon Olive Scene Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt and white pepper
- 1 pinch of cayenne
- 1 ¾ lb Dungeness crab meat (or the excellent lump crab meat)
- 2 tablespoons finely ground cracker crumbs
- ½ c Panko or fine bread crumbs as needed
- ¼ c Parmesean Cheese, grated
- ¼ c Olive Scene Garlic Olive Oil
- Coctail or Tartar sauce
From the original 1932 Lord Baltimore Hotel Restaurant
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl to blend.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire, vinegar, Old Bay seasoning, pepper, cayenne and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Mix in crab and cracker crumbs.
- Form into 16 small (1/2 inch thick) crab cakes if serving as an appetizer or 8 cakes if using as an entrée.
- Place on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper or wax paper and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix bread crumbs and Parmesean Cheese.
- Coat the crab cakes with bread crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet.
- Add crab cakes in single layer and pan saute until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.