Cooking Time: 30 mins Servings: 3-4
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 c Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- ¼ c plus 2 Tbsp Olive Scene bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lb broccoli, trimmed and cut into long spears
- Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- In a mini food processor, pulse the pepperoni with the garlic until finely chopped.
- Add the panko and pulse just to combine.
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Add the crumb mixture and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape onto a plate and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss the broccoli with the remaining ¼ c of olive oil and season with salt.
- Spread the broccoli on a baking sheet and roast for about 15 minutes, turning once, until tender and browned in spots.
- Spread the mustard on one side of the broccoli and press the broccoli into the crumbs.
- Transfer the broccoli to a platter, sprinkle with any remaining crumbs and serve.
*Pulsing sliced pepperoni with the bread crumbs adds extra flavor and a great crunch to broccoli.