Cooking Time: 40 min Servings: 8
Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 c onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, cut in chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 carrots, in small chunks
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ c chopped cilantro
- 1 large zucchini, sliced in half end to end, then in slices
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the garlic oil; add the onions and celery, and sauté until soft.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes and their liquid, carrots, cumin, oregano and cilantro leaves.
- Bring to broil, and reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Carefully drop meatballs one by one into the soup (Make sure the soup is slightly boiling, the meatballs need to be cooked quickly).
- Return to simmer, slightly cover and cook another 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add zucchini and cook 3-4 minutes, do not overcook. (or add zucchini slices to a bowl and ladle the hot soup over)