Cooking Time: 12 min Servings: 40
Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 c sugar
- 2 c water
- 1/2 c Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 5-6 mint stems
- Combine sugar and water in a heavy-bottom saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and heat for about 5 minutes to dissolve sugar.
- Add Sicilian Lemon Balsamic and mint. Simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Remove mint and store in a jar in the refrigerator.
*To make a glass of sekanjabin:
- Put 2 tablespoons of the syrup in a tall glass with ice.
- Add cold water to taste.
- Garnish with cucumber slices, mint leaves, or lemon slices. Sparkling water adds a super-refreshing twist.
**For a grown-up version, just use less water and add rum or vodka!