Cooking Time: 7 min Servings: 20
Lemongrass Mint Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 c sugar
- 2 c water
- Sprigs of fresh mint
- ½ c Olive Scene Lemon Grass Mint Balsamic Vinegar
- Crushed ice
- Kentucky Bourbon
- Silver Julep Cups
No Derby Party is complete without the Mint Julep, which has been the traditional beverage of Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby for nearly a century. Ours is updated with a splash of our Lemongrass Mint White Balsamic Vinegar for a bit of sparkle and tart.
- Make a simple syrup by boiling sugar and water together for five minutes to dissolve the sugar completely.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and simmer 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 5-6 sprigs of sprigs of fresh mint.
- Cool, then refrigerate overnight.
- Make one julep at a time by filling a julep cup with crushed ice, adding one-tablespoon mint syrup and two ounces of Kentucky Bourbon.
- Stir rapidly with a spoon to frost the outside of the cup.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.