Cooking Time: 15 Servings: 4
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil, (or Harissa Oil for a kick)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 red or green pepper, halved deseeded and sliced
- 1 red chile, deseeded and sliced or 1 tsp Kirmizi Biber (red pepper flakes)
- 4 handfuls of Baby Spinach
- 14 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- small bunch parsley , roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons thick, creamy yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Put yogurt in small casserole, mix in garlic, salt and pepper to taste and place in oven for 15 min.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan.
- Stir in the onions, pepper and chilies. Cook until they begin to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and sugar, mixing well.
- Cook until the liquid has reduced, season.
- Using a wooden spoon, create 4 pockets in the tomato mixture and crack the eggs into them.
- Cover the pan and cook the eggs over a low heat until just set.
Serve from the frying pan:
- Make a mound of spinach on each of 4 plates.
- Place a scoop of hot Menemen on the spinach and allow it to wilt.
- Add a dollop of warm garlic infused yogurt and sprinkle with parsley.