Cooking Time: 10-12 min Servings: 10-12
Butter-All Natural Infused Olive Oil
- 1-3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1-1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Olive Scene Butter Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, currants, dried cranberries (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Cream, half and half, or whole milk
- Coarse sugar (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix pumpkin, egg, yogurt, and oil.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix till about half the flour is incorporated, then add the fruit and nuts. Continue mixing until all incorporated.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead once or twice.
- Cut in half, then pat each half out into a 6-8 inch circle. Cut into 6 triangles.
- Place on parchment-lined cookie sheet (or lightly sprayed with Pam).
- Brush tops with cream and sprinkle with coarse sugar (if using).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until done.
*Without dried fruit, they are delicious with raspberry jam.