Cooking Time: 15 min Servings: 8
Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 1½ c flour
- ½ c oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried orange zest
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1 c dried cranberries, cherries or raisins
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 egg
- ½ c Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil (may substitute half with Blood Orange Olive Oil)
- Preheat oven 350°.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients: flour, oats, baking powder, zest and brown sugar.
- In another bowl, stir together all the liquid ingredients: cream, egg and oil.
- Using a fork, toss and stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients until it starts to ball up in lumps.
- Remove all the dough onto a floured board or counter and work the dough a few times to form a large ball. The dough will be very moist.
- Using floured hands, pat the ball into a large round disk about 6-8 inches in diameter (about 1½ inches thick).
- Dip a knife in flour and cut the circle in half, then in fourths, then in eighths.
- Place the triangles on a parchment lined baking sheet about an inch apart (optional - sprinkle tops with sugar).
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden and cooked through, but not too dry.
- Remove immediately to a rack to cool.