Cooking Time: 40-45 mins Servings: 5-8
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- ½ c butter (unsalted), cut into 8 pieces
- ½ c Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- Combine flour and sugar in bowl of KitchenAid mixer.
- Add butter and oil, and mix on low speed until almost combined.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Add oatmeal and mix well.
- Form into a ball and knead until smooth, if necessary.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough into an 8” x 12” rectangle.
- Cut into 48 strips, 1” x 2” long (4 strips along the 8” side, 12 along the 12” side).
- Place about 1” apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325F for 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to rack and cool.
- Makes 48 cookies.
*Substituting infused and fused olive oils creates some great flavors as well. I substituted Eureka Lemon Olive Oil blended with 1 tablespoon of Herbes de Provence Oli and the shortbread was savory/sweet delicious!