Cooking Time: 1 hr 30 mins
Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 2 c warm water (110-115°)
- 2/3 c instant nonfat dry milk
- 4 teaspoons instant dry yeast
- 1/4 c sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 c Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 5 ½ c bread flour
- In the bowl of your stand mixer using the paddle attachment, combine the water and the milk powder and stir so the milk dissolves.
- Add the yeast, sugar, salt, olive oil, egg and 2 cups of the flour, mixing on low to combine and then on medium for 2 minutes.
- Stop the mixer and add 2 more cups of flour, mixing on low to combine and then on medium for another 2 minutes.
- Stop the mixer and change to the dough hook.
- Mix on medium low while adding the remaining 1 1/2 cups of flour until the dough cleans the sides of the bowl yet still sticks to the bottom. Knead another 2 minutes.
- Lift the dough from the bowl and spray bowl with oil.
- Return the dough to the bowl and then turn dough over to coat with oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise until double in size (approx. 1 hour).
- Form the dough into two balls and place on floured cutting board or counter.
- Roll out each ball into a circle a little over 12” in diameter.
- Using a silicon pizza cutter, cut each circle into 16 pie wedges.
- Roll each wedge from the outside of the circle toward the center.
- Place rolls with the tip downward on parchment lined pans.
- Allow to rise until double, about 1/2 hour.
- Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Brush with melted butter while still hot.
- Cool on wire rack.