Cooking Time: 3-5 min Servings: 10-12
Harissa Infused Olive Oil
- ½ lb of feta cheese
- 1 red pepper (mild to hot, depending on preference)
- ¼ c Olive Scene Harissa Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Crumble the feta into small pieces using a fork.
- Sauté the whole pepper in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until the skin is lightly browned.
- Remove the stem and discard.
- Put the cheese, pepper, and oil from sautéeing in a blender or food processor and mix, adding more olive oil if needed to bring to the correct consistency of a thick (but not stiff) dip.
- Serve garnished with a bit of parsley.
*This dish is a specialty of the region of Thrace in northeastern Greece, although it is served all over Greece - with varying degrees of heat. We like it hot so we use Harissa Oil, but you can use a single varietal as well. Mild or hot, this is a delicious dip!