Cooking Time: 10 Min Servings: 12
Small batch production and pressed to order so extremely fresh.
Our California Roasted Almond Oil is expeller pressed and lightly filtered. It has a tantalizing, yet delicate nose and a delicious roasted almond flavor
Great for sauteing, drizzling, baking, dipping and as a vinaigrette. A mixture of Almond and Blood Orange Oils make a great replacement for butter in pound cake. Blend with fresh squeezed orange juice for a splashy drizzle over sliced avocados.
- 1/2 c sliced and blanched almonds
- 12 oz sweet Gorgonzola cheese, softened to room temperature
- (may substitute Maytag blue or Roquefort domestic blue)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and seeded
- 1 bunch Rucola (baby arugula), washed, spun dry to yield 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene Gourmet Roasted Almond Oil
- 2 teaspoons Olive Scene Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices Italian bread, 1/4 inch thick
- In a 10-12 inch sauté pan, toast almonds under broiler, shaking vigorously and watching carefully not to burn, about 30 to 45 seconds.
- Remove and let cool.
- Mix almonds and Gorgonzola with wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Cut apples into a matchstick julienne and place in separate mixing bowl.
- Chiffonade the rucola and add to apple mixture.
- Dress with oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Toast bread on both sides and spread 1 tablespoon of Gogonzola/almond mixture on each slice.
- Top with a small handful of rucola and apple salad.
- Serve immediately.