Cucumbers and tomatoes at their peak make the most delicious summer harvest! Add salty feta and a bright herb and lemon vinaigrette for a fantastic summer side dish.
If you're taking this dish to a potluck or preparing ahead of time, keep the cucumber & tomatoes separate from the vinaigrette. Toss together 10 minutes before serving, or the tomatoes and cucumbers will get soggy.
- 3 cups sliced cucumbers (about 1 large cucumber)
- 1 lb tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- optional: 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon Oregano White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
- 1.5 tablespoons Basil Olive Oil
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- optional: 3 tablespoons finely chopped or chiffonade basil
- Combine the cucumbers and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Combine the Oregano White Balsamic Vinegar and Red Wine vinegar in a small bowl. Add the salt and pepper and whisk until salt is dissolved.
- While whisking, slowly drizzle in the Eureka Lemon Olive Oil and Basil Olive Oil to emulsify.
- Add the vinaigrette to the bowl with the cucumbers and tomatoes. Toss to combine and let rest for 10 minutes, gently mixing every few minutes.
- Top with the feta cheese and basil, if using.