Adapted from Yia Yia’s recipe
Once the chicken is marinated, this recipe comes together quickly and adapts to any oil or vinegar flavor you have in your cupboard.
Try it with Harissa Oil and Mango Vinegar, or Wild Dill Oil and French Champagne Vinegar. The options are endless.
- 2 whole skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut in bite-sized chunks
- 3 tablespoons The Olive Scene Herbs de Provence Olive Oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- ½ teaspoon basil, dried
- ¼ teaspoon Kirmizi Aci Biber (available at The Olive Scene), or dried hot red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup The Olive Scene Sherry Reserva Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, diced
- 1# Caseracce Pasta (available at The Olive Scene)
- 1 bag frozen peas, thawed in a colander while cooking pasta
- Whisk together the olive oil, sherry, mustard, and spices.
- Mix in the garlic and onion and whisk again.
- Place chicken in a Ziploc bag and add the marinade.
- Close bag tightly and massage the marinade into the meat.
- Marinate at from 1 hour to overnight.
- Boil water and cook the pasta al dente.
- Drain and return to pot to keep warm for a few minutes.
- In a sauté pan, pour in the chicken and marinade and cook about 5-8 minutes over high heat until chicken is cooked through and the marinade is reduced to a sauce, turning chicken so it browns nicely, but does not burn.
- Transfer chicken to pot with pasta
- Add wine and cold butter to juices in pan, over medium high heat.
- Cook until sauce is reduced, scraping up browned bits, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour warm sauce over chicken and pasta, and toss.
- Add peas and toss again.
- Serve with a salad and good bread for dinner.