This fresh tasting hearty coleslaw incorporates just a few ingredients and packs a delicious, fresh punch. Add cooked quinoa and make it an entrée like no other.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 pound fresh bagged coleslaw mix
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and medium diced
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Gremolata Infused Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 cup Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large serving bowl, place the halved tomatoes and cucumber first, then the coleslaw and parsley. (If you are making this ahead, cover with a damp paper towel and place in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.)
- Whisk together the Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar and season with the salt and pepper.
- About two hours before serving, pour the vinaigrette on the coleslaw and toss well to coat and mix all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate and toss every 30 minutes or so to allow the flavors to meld.
Serve cold. Enjoy!
Note: A medium to bold extra virgin olive oil may be substituted for the Gremolata Olive Oil.