A colorful, delicious and easy salad to prepare.
It marinates in the refrigerator, so it is a salad you can make on Sunday and enjoy for lunch at work all week.
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into small florets (3 cups)
- 2 bunches broccoli, chopped into small florets (3 cups)
- 4 carrots, sliced thinly, or shredded (1 cup)
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced (¾ cup)
- ¾ cup The Olive Scene Basil Infused Olive Oil
- ¼ cup The Olive Scene Oregano Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Sicilian Spice Blend (available at The Olive Scene)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, and spices to make the marinade.
- In a large bowl, add the cut vegetables.
- Pour the marinade mixture over all and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Serve using a slotted spoon.
*If you like a little less crunch to your vegetables, warm the vinaigrette before pouring over to slightly blanch the veggies.
*This recipe is also fabulous when you substitute the Oregano Vinegar with either: Thai Lemongrass Mint, Neapolitan Herb, or Jalapeño Balsamic Vinegars.
*On the oil side, try using Wild Dill, Herbes de Provence, Gremolata, Wild Rosemary, or Tuscan Herb Olive Oils