So nutty with a hint of roasted pumpkin, this pesto is a distinctive adaptation of a classic that is sure to become a favorite.
- 1/2 cup Olive Scene Roasted Pumpkin Seed Oil
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 large bunch of basil
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chop and then crush the basil leaves (no stems) and the pumpkin seeds.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and garlic, and purée everything in a blender or food processor until creamy and thick.
- Drizzle in the Roasted Pumpkin Seed Oil while processing and mix until smooth.
Toss with pasta, or add a spoonful over a grilled steak. Use a teaspoon to finish scrambled eggs, or to top a pizza. Delicious as an appetizer when spread on goat cheese and served with crackers, or when gently stirred into soup.