Cooking Time: 25 Min Servings: 4
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 pkg Citrus Rotini Pasta (available at The Olive Scene)
- ½ lb baby arugula
- ½ cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the garlic, and cook for 60 seconds.
- Add the cream, the zest and juice from the lemon, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until it starts to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 400 Cut the broccoli in florets and discard the stem.
- Drizzle with olive oil and roast on cookie sheet in a single layer 10 min until tender but still firm.
- Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt and the pasta, and cook according to the directions on the package, about 3-5minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and place it back into the pot.
- Immediately add the cream mixture and cook it over medium-low heat for 3 minutes, until most of the sauce has been absorbed in the pasta.
- Pour the hot pasta into a large bowl; add the arugula, cheese, tomatoes, and cooked broccoli.
- Toss well, season to taste, and serve hot.