Cooking Time: 40 Servings: 6-8
Harissa Infused Olive Oil
- 2 pounds pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene Harissa Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced
- One 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- One 14.5 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple juice
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups cooked or canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- Cut the pumpkin into 1/2-inch chunks and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and jalapeno.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the reserved pumpkin, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, water, apple juice, chili powder, salt and cayenne, and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer until the pumpkin is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add the beans, and more water if the chili is too think for your taste.
- Cover and continue to simmer about 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Serve hot.