Cooking Time: 10 Min Servings: 2 Cups
Sherry Reserva Wine Vinegar
- 1 oz dried porcini mushrooms (other dried mushrooms may be substituted)
- 2 egg yolks (pasteurized)
- 1 whole egg (pasteurized)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons aged Olive Scene Sherry Reserva Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mushroom soaking liquid (see below)
- 2 cups Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Soak dry mushrooms in just enough hot tap water to cover – allow to soften completely.
- Drain, squeezing all liquid from mushrooms.
- Rough chop mushrooms and reserve.
- Reserve liquid separately (this is your mushroom soaking liquid.)
- In a blender or food processor, combine egg, egg yolk, mustard, salt, cayenne, vinegar, and half of the soaking liquid.
- Process until completely pureed, approximately 1 minute, scraping down the sides as needed.
- With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the oil, 1 drop-at-a time at first, then once the emulsion has begun, increase the rate of adding oil to a slow and steady stream.
- Once the oils have been incorporated, adjust consistency with remaining soaking liquid.
- Adjust seasoning.