Cooking Time: 25 min Servings: 2-4
Milanese Gremolata Infused Olive Oil
- ½ cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene Gremolata Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 small shallot , minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 4 skinless cod fillet , or haddock fillet, or other thick white fish fillet Lemon wedges
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 425°.
- Place a wire rack in a sheet pan.
- Place ¼ cup flour in a pie plate or dish.
- In second pie plate or dish, whisk eggs, horseradish, paprika, cayenne pepper, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper until combined; whisk in remaining ¼ cup flour until smooth.
- Mix remaining ¼ c flour, cornmeal and bread crumbs together in a bowl.
- Toss with olive oil, parsley and shallot.
- Pour into a third pie plate or dish.
- Dry fish thoroughly with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge 1 fillet in flour; shake off excess.
- Using hands, coat with egg mixture.
- Coat all sides of fillet with bread crumb mixture, pressing gently so the layer of crumbs adheres to fish.
- Transfer breaded fish to wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining 3 fillets.
- Bake fish until instant-read thermometer inserted into centers of fillets registers 140 degrees, 18 to 25 minutes.
- Using thin spatula, transfer fillets to individual plates and serve immediately with lemon wedges.