Cooking Time: 45m Servings: 8-10
Harissa Infused Olive Oil
- 8 oz water
- 12 oz bottle beer of dark beer (porter or stout)
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage links, poked a few times with a fork
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene Harissa Olive Oil
- 1 large yellow onion, halved crosswise and sliced
- ½ teaspoon Seasonello (available at The Olive Scene)
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can baked beans
- ¼ cup Olive Scene Vermont Maple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarse Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon piccalilli relish
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- In a 5-quart pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add beer and sausage and return to a boil.
- Immediately lower heat to medium or medium low.
- Turn heat down if the beer begins to foam.
- Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside sausage until cool enough to handle.
- Slice in half lengthwise, then in 1⁄2 inch pieces.
- In the same pot, over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons olive oil, add onions and Seasonello.
- Sauté onions until softening and beginning to color, about 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and continue cooking until onions and sausage begin to caramelize, 8-10 minutes.
- Add the beans, balsamic, mustard, relish, pepper and stir.
- Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat to simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.